Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"That's the End of That" - by Resident Traveler

Introduction here.



That's the End of That - by Resident Traveler, CC 2007

(AKA "The Impossible Dream", AKA "She's a Frecha")



They say every pot has its lid. But whenever I look around:

She's a frecha* - and that's the end of that.

If she's not a frecha, she's a neo-hippie - and that's the end of that.

If she's not a frecha, nor a neo-hippie, she's either the over-driven career type, a scantily-clad, deathly-thin Mars-creature, or a sour-faced urban burnout - and that's the end of that.

If she's not (any of the above), she's not physically attractive enough (hard as I try to overlook it), and that's the end of that.

If she's still not any of the above, she lacks heart. Or any kind of joi d'vivre (joy of life), and that's the end of that. (Lots of these. Lots and lots and lots.)

ISSNAOTA, she's married, or has a long-term boyfriend. She does. Trust me. No "that" to end. (OODLES of these.)

ISSNAOTA, she's got serious emotional baggage from past relationships, can't shake it off - and that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's "going through a rough period in her life", turning hot and cold at the drop of a hat - and that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's intensely interested in fashion and/or new-ageism, excessive materialism, hip-hop, smoking or, god help me, "real men" - commanding, go-getting, impulse-driven, egotisitical, insensitive, stubble-faced men - and that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she simply doesn't know what she wants. I give up! That's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's insecure - which on its own is ok - but expresses said insecurity in an unwillingness to attach to anyone and will string me along like I'm a toy. Once reality finally seeps in - that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's just sort of apathetic. Has no burning interest in something - anything. And for me - that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, are you sure she doesn't have a boyfriend? Thought so. That's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's rabidly anti-religion, anti-Zionist or anti-any form of capitalism, with a major chip on her shoulder, and that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, she's religious. Just a liiittle too religious to give me a chance because, after all, she wants to get married, so why waste her time with someone who isn't her particular micro-stream of orthodoxy? - and that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA - and we're already talking about something rarer than an incorrupt politician - she doesn't give a damn about music and has no artistic interest (either would be surmountable). For me - that's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, did I mention we're talking only about women here? Who are under 40? Without children? WHO LIKE MEN? Thought so. That's the end of that.

ISSNAOTA, This is it, I've found her. After years of searching, I've found my one-in-a-million. My holy grail, my lid. I'm ecstatic, and can now preach to my pessimist single friends not to lose heart; that despite all the potential pitfalls, they are out there.

But remember, all this has only been half the equation: she still has to like me. And guess what:

That's the end of that.



* - Frecha: the Israeli equivalent of whatever they call women overly preoccupied with an intensely juvenile fashion sense in your country.




Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

4 comments:

Dooby said...

ATAGS

(And that's a great song!)

tafka PP said...

Blimey.

Miss Worldwide said...

hey, just discovered your blog tonight, and I really like it! I read all your old posts too.

Anonymous said...

And then you find her - that one in a million, that Holy Grail, the perfect girl.

And you love her, but you think about all those wild nights, all the fun you had, the evenings out with the guys, the great crazy sex with that girl you can't remember her name, that great crazy sex with the girl who can't pronounce your name...

And guess what - That's the end of that!